Sports enthusiasts often want to share the excitement with their fellow enthusiasts. They want to have people around them to discuss the sports game as they watch. Biggest fans do not miss out on any sports match. They munch as they watch. And they manage to spill out some words once in a while. The collective hurrahs and the choral sighs get them pumped up. If you are a sports enthusiast then you might have considered opening your own sports bar. Here are the major steps on how to open one like Gold Coast sports bar.
- Concept – You should check out your competition. Unless your place does not have any sports bar yet. What do you have that they do not? You need to determine what sets you apart from other sports bars. Are you going to feature local sports only? Or do you plan to become the go-to place for anything sports related?
- Menu – The food and drinks you serve match the concept of your sports bar. Are you going to serve wine and beer? Or do you plan to craft cocktails? Will you offer regular sports bar food such as chicken wings and fries? Or are you going to create a unique menu? You can start early-stage marketing once you decide on the menu. This will build the hype while you prepare.
- Location – Location is very important in any business. You should analyze the locations of your competitors. As well as the neighborhood. Your sports bar should be accessible to many. It should be safe to walk to. And there should be enough traffic to encourage patrons. You should also check if there is a possible parking space.
- Licenses and permits – You need to have the necessary licenses and permits for your sports bar. You need those to run a bar or a restaurant. You should also take care of liquor licenses and food permits. Do not forget about business registrations. Running a sports bar without proper documents and papers will put your business at risk.
- Find your bar POS system – This is the heartbeat of your business. It is the central portal where everything happens. From payroll calculations to online food orders and everything that comes between. You do not want to go wrong in this. The cost of a POS system for a sports bar is one of the main factors you should consider. The key functionalities you need is another factor. It is best to have a POS system that you can integrate with other technologies like a tablet or smartphone.
- Invest in entertainment equipment – A sports bar needs large, high definition televisions. An impeccable sound system will make your patrons feel like they are in the front row of the big game. It will add up to their excitement. It enhances the experience even more.
- Hire and train your staff – It is not easy to find the right staff. You should keep in mind that they will be the face of your sports bar. Your customers will love or hate your sports bar depending on the staff. You should plan the recruitment process well. From interviews to schedules and professional development. Then you can start putting out advertisements.
- Make sure to market – Keeping your sports bar alive after the launch needs constant attention. A solid marketing strategy is important. Create social media profiles to respond to customers’ concerns. Managing the reputation of your sports bar is an essential, on-going process.
These are the major steps you should plan with care. Running a sports bar will need your enthusiasm and dedication. You cannot run a business and expect it to be a success if you do not have an interest in it.